For a fresh-faced, vibrant look on your wedding day, ask your makeup artist to apply makeup that will help illuminate your eyes.
Sydney's Megan Vaughan of Makeup by Megan, reveals 5 simple steps to achieving a fresh wide eyed look:
1. Curl your lashes and apply several coats of mascara.
2. Add single false lashes to the top outer corner of your lash line or to really enlarge them, apply faux strip lashes to the top and bottom of your eyes.
3. Apply a creamy white kohl pencil to the inner rim/waterline of your eyes. Alternatively a beige liner can make eyes appear larger without the obvious or frosted appearance that white liner has.
4. Apply a highlighter one-third of the way along to the inner corners of your eyes, top and bottom. Apply the same highlighter to the eyelids. Be sure to use the correct shade highlighter for your skin colour. The correct colour must be the same as your skin tone or lighter with a shiny or shimmery finish. For pale skin off-white and eggshell coloured pigments are best. For medium toned skin soft golds and rose golds are best. For dark skin bronzes are best and for black skin a dark burgundy bronze or dark shimmery chocolate is best. Using a wet brush to apply the pigment helps minimise fallout.
5. To really brighten and illuminate your eyes, apply a colour consisting of the opposite pigments to your natural eye colour. These colours provide maximum contrast to really brighten and illuminate your eyes.
For more information about Megan's wedding makeup artistry, take a look at her website.