CURRENTLY HIRING: LIFESTYLE EDITOR / FULL TIME
We’re looking for a visionary creative to join our team at The LANE. We’re a company that believes in pushing boundaries, that is passionate about shaking up what can be a dated wedding and events industry with fresh thinking and inspired content drawn from our love of design, art, interiors and fashion.
We believe no idea is ever too grand, we want creatives who dream big, who push hard, who are motivated to go beyond what’s expected. We want career driven talent to grow with our internationally expanding company, who can adapt to change, and thrive in an environment where opportunity is at your feet, knowing that strong results and success are a direct result of the energy and passion you invest.
The Lifestyle Editor is responsible for managing The LANE’s content calendar - planning, creating, publishing and promoting content in the areas of entertaining & event decor, interiors, art and design. The position will also include managing a portfolio of decor and lifestyle clients.
The ideal applicant will be wildly artistic, passionate about seeking out new inspiration and producing innovative content. We’re looking for someone who has a strong visual eye, writing skills and an aesthetic that fits seamlessly with The LANE brand.
- Managing The LANE’s lifestyle content calendar
- Styling lifestyle content including product and still life, tablescapes, events and workshops.
- Producing décor and lifestyle articles
- Creating bespoke campaign content when assigned
- Coverage of all relevant interior design shows
- Curating The LANE Pinterest account & assisting with other social media content
- Discovering new lifestyle brands for The LANE
- On boarding & publishing new clients
- Coverage reporting & managing the performance of client campaigns
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a related field (wedding industry experience not required)
- Graphic Design and CMS experience an advantage
- Photography experience an advantage
This will be a home-based position, traveling to work with our global team throughout the year when required. Ideally suited to someone located in close proximity to The LANE clients, in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne or Byron Bay) or USA (LA or NYC).
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Step 1: Produce 2 x sample articles which you would pitch if you were given this role. We are looking for creative & unexpected ideas, an understanding of The LANE aesthetic (or content that will elevate this), strength in curating visual imagery and beautiful writing. The 2 x articles must be under the following categories:
Include 10 images + copy (50 - 150 words) per article.
Step 2: Produce 1 x creative brief for a styled tablescape / that you would pitch to style. (Moodboard of imagery, description, location, sample of products to include presented in a PDF)
Send application, CV and cover letter in a Dropbox file, to [email protected]
Sunday 13th May AEST. Interviews from Wed 16th