We’re looking for visionary minds and creative souls to join our expanding team at The Lane. We’re a company that believes in pushing boundaries, passionate about shaking up a dated wedding industry with innovative thinking and deeply inspired content drawn from our love of fashion, art, interiors, design and travel.
We’re a company for wild dreamers who believe no idea is too grand, for the magic seekers who refuse to settle for mediocre, for the optimists who dive in head first. We’re for those romanced by visuals, the written word, deep thought and raw honesty.
Join our small but growing team working remotely, for a career and lifestyle that spills with balance and contrast.
Creative Scope / There’s never a dull moment given the broad scope of creative work between The Lane Creative Agency and Magazine – from digital runway shows, events, brand experiences, editorial shoots, fashion films, campaign shoots, social media and feature articles.
Luxury and Boutique Clients / Work with an international edit of the industry’s most beautiful brands and creatives – from luxury brands to boutique businesses in a range of different categories from fashion, bridal, travel, photography to film.
Career Growth / You’ll be part of a boutique, rapidly growing business with so much opportunity for career growth.
A Small, Passionate Team / Be part of our small, passionate, ambitious and down-to-earth team.
Balanced Lifestyle / Dip your toes in the fast-paced business of fashion and the vibrance of a creative agency, while slipping back into the beautiful, languid lifestyle of Byron Bay (for those who live locally to our CEO/Creative Director) for a career grounded in balance.
Flexible Working Hours / We don’t subscribe to rigid 9-5 business hours or a corporate working environment. Enjoy the freedom of flexible working hours, as long as the job is done. Our team work hard and effortlessly deliver over and above, so we’re flexible outside of busy periods, collaborative projects and meeting times. Start early and finish early if it suits, enjoy a languid breakfast in the sun or take a pilates class in the middle of the day and make up hours in the evening.
Travel / We’re often off to dreamy locations around the world, shooting in the marble quarries of Italy, Sahara Desert of Morocco, Canary Islands in Spain, South Africa, New York City, Tahiti, Fiji and Hawaii, or exploring the otherworldly locations of our own back yard in Australia.
Business Development Executives
Position / Part Time – Full Time availability required.
Locations / UK, Europe, Australia (remote positions)
Salary / Straight Commission + bonus with unlimited earning potential.
Reports to / Business Development Manager.
Overview / Acquire and retain long-term, quality brand partners for The Lane magazine and creative agency, provide creative marketing solutions and achieve key business financial targets.
- Develop and execute business development strategies to achieve KPI’s.
- Develop a lead list consisting of creative brands & services that fit with The Lane’s strategic objective and core values.
- Identify and propose bespoke brand partnership solutions within The Lane magazine and creative agency, tailored to each unique client.
- Consistently reach sales targets and KPI’s.
- Build and enrich strong, long-term relationships and retain brand partners.
- Attend and prepare for brand partnership meetings and presentations.
- Manage The Lane’s annual marketing budget to achieve KPI’s.
- Produce and analyze regular sales reports (quarterly, monthly and as required)
- Min 3 years previous experience in a Business Development, Advertising/Media Sales or similar role, particularly at a fashion or lifestyle publication or creative agency.
- Experience working with both luxury and boutique businesses.
- Proficient in Salesforce, Asana, Microsoft Office and Excel Applications. Experience using In Design is an advantage.
- High achieving – passionately strives to surpass expectations.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial.
- Solutions driven – always presents solutions not problems.
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and engage.
- Passionate about fashion, travel, art, interiors, and design.
- Up to date with the latest digital marketing strategies.
- Highly strategic with the ability to analyse, forecast and take initiative to develop strategies to achieve results.
- Exceptional time management skills to meet deadlines and the ability to prioritize.
- Flexibility with the understanding that calls and meetings may be outside of business hours where required and the willingness to do what it takes.
- Well presented & representative of The Lane brand.
- Ability to both receive and provide constructive feedback where required, with a goal of continual growth.
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Business Development Executive + your name).
Deadlines / Start Date
Start Date / March 2023
Freelance Creative Writers & Designers
We’re looking for freelance fashion, travel and lifestyle writers and designers to create editorial content for The Lane Magazine.
Position / Freelance.
Location / Remote, open worldwide.
Salary / Negotiable based on experience.
Reports to / Editor & Creative Director.
Overview / Write creative copy, source and upload visual images for editorial articles across The Lane magazine, to meet content strategy and KPI’s.
Email your CV, cover letter and relevant examples of your work to email@example.com (subject line: Freelance Writer/Designer + your name).
Deadlines / Start Date
Start Date / February 2023
Find our handpicked edit of Florists from around the world on the Directory.