We’re always looking for visionary souls to join our creative team at The Lane. We’re a company that believes in pushing boundaries, that is passionate about shaking up what can be a dated wedding and events industry with fresh thinking and inspired content drawn from our love of design, art, interiors and fashion.
We believe no idea is ever too grand, we want women (and men!) who dream big, who push hard, who are motivated to go beyond what’s expected. We want career driven talent to grow with our internationally expanding company, who can adapt to change, and thrive in an environment where opportunity is at your feet, knowing that strong results and success are a direct result of the energy and passion you invest.
Current Position: Lifestyle Editor
Position: Full Time
Location: This position will be based remotely, traveling to work with our national team throughout the year when required. Ideally suited to someone located in close proximity to The Lane clients, in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne or Byron Bay) or USA (LA or NYC).
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
Start Date: Nov 4th or ASAP
We’re looking for a wildly creative and passionately driven Lifestyle Editor to join our team at The Lane.
The Lifestyle Editor is responsible for managing The Lane’s content calendar – planning, creating, publishing and promoting content in the areas of event decor, entertaining, interiors, art and design. The position will also include managing a portfolio of decor and lifestyle clients.
The ideal applicant will be a visionary creative – passionate about seeking out new inspiration and producing innovative, unexpected content. They will also be highly strategic, meticulously organised, professional and devoted to achieving the company’s overall vision.
Skills, Traits & Competencies
- Strong knowledge of wedding, lifestyle and decor brands
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, advertising and branding trends and techniques.
- Creative direction, styling & design skills in areas of lifestyle, decor and weddings.
- A visual aesthetic that seamlessly fits The Lane brand.
- Photoshop and In Design experience an advantage
- Creative writing skills and strategic copy for social media and article headings and captions.
- Inspiring leadership skills, strong communication and problem solving skills to contribute to a positive, motivated team working toward key company goals and overall vision.
- Develop and execute The Lane’s Lifestyle editorial calendar inline with annual and quarterly strategy, and core brand values
- Publish The Lane’s creative content, including articles, homepage (lifestyle categories), EDM content when required, as well as lifestyle shoots and events, inline with company strategy and role KPI’s
- Manage the execution and performance of all Lifestyle client campaign deliverables, by deadlines
- Produce and prepare content for The Lane’s social media platforms inline with strategy & KPI’s, published by The Lane Social media Manager
- Manage and retain a portfolio of Lifestyle clients for The Lane Directory and The Lane Creative Agency, in conjunction with the Account Manager.
- Prepare weekly, quarterly, monthly & annual strategy reports based on KPI’s and quarterly targets
- Research & provide customer/reader/industry feedback & advice to Director for monthly strategy meetings + ongoing.
Step 1: Produce 2 x sample articles which you would pitch if you were given this role. We are looking for creative & unexpected ideas, an understanding of The Lane aesthetic (or content that will elevate this), strength in curating visual imagery and beautiful copy.
Include 10 images + copy (50 – 150 words) per article.
Step 2: Produce 1 x creative brief for a styled tablescape / that you would create. (Include a mood board of imagery, description, location, sample of products to include)
Step 3: Send application, your CV and cover letter in a Dropbox file, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline Sunday 13th October AEST.
Find our handpicked edit of Bachelorette Party companies around the world on the Directory.