We’re looking for visionary minds and creative souls to join our expanding team at The Lane. We’re a company that believes in pushing boundaries, passionate about shaking up a dated wedding industry with innovative thinking and deeply inspired content drawn from our love of fashion, art, interiors, design and travel.
We’re a company for wild dreamers who believe no idea is too grand, for the magic seekers who refuse to settle for mediocre, for the optimists who dive in head first. We’re for those romanced by visuals, the written word, deep thought and raw honesty.
Join our small but growing team in our office by the sea in Byron Bay, Australia for a career and lifestyle that spills with balance and contrast.
Note – Remote positions will be considered for Australian applications, however preference will be given to Byron Bay based residents, or those able to relocate to the area within 6 months.
Creative Scope / There’s never a dull moment given the broad scope of creative work between The Lane Creative Agency and Magazine – from digital runway shows, events, brand experiences, editorial shoots, fashion films, campaign shoots, social media and feature articles.
Luxury and Boutique Clients / Work with an international edit of the industry’s most beautiful brands and creatives – from luxury brands to boutique businesses in a range of different categories from fashion, bridal, travel, photography to film.
Career Growth / You’ll be part of a boutique, rapidly growing business with so much opportunity for career growth.
A Small, Passionate Team / Be part of our small, passionate, ambitious and down-to-earth team.
Balanced Lifestyle / Dip your toes in the fast-paced business of fashion and the vibrance of a creative agency, while slipping back into the beautiful, languid lifestyle of Byron Bay at the end of the day for a career grounded in balance.
Flexible Working Hours / We don’t subscribe to rigid 9-5 business hours or a corporate working environment. Enjoy the freedom of flexible working hours, as long as the job is done. Start early and finish early if it suits, enjoy a languid breakfast in the sun or take a pilates class in the middle of the day and make up hours in the evening. Our team work hard and effortlessly deliver over and above, so we’re flexible outside of busy periods, collaborative projects and meeting times.
Travel / (When we’re able to!) we’re always off to dreamy locations around the world, shooting in the marble quarries of Italy, Sahara Desert of Morocco, South Africa, New York City, Tahiti, Fiji and Hawaii, or exploring the otherworldly locations of our own back yard in Australia.
Position / Full Time
Location / Byron Bay, Australia (remote position considered for Australian applicants, preference given to Byron Bay based residents)
Salary / Negotiable
Reports to / Editor & Creative Director
Overview / To co-ordinate the execution of The Lane’s digital magazine content schedule, supervise the editorial and creative agency teams and create content where required ensuring The Lane’s strategic objective and KPI’s are achieved.
- Work with the Editor on the development of editorial and creative agency calendar.
- Coordinate The Lane’s content calendar from creative strategy to execution across digital magazine and social media platforms to achieve the company’s strategy & meet KPI’s.
- Assign all creative work to team and brief on creative strategy.
- Supervise the creative team (permanent and freelance) and ensure all work meets KPI’s and deadlines.
- Edit all creative work to be published on The Lane digital magazine and social media platforms, before sending to the Editor.
- Execute any creative work as required, including article layouts & copywriting, design-work, creative briefs, photoshoot creative direction and styling as assigned.
- Report on all creative content KPI performance.
- Manage and evaluate the effectiveness of magazine team.
- Min 2 years experience in similar media or creative agency role.
- Min 1 years management experience.
- Tertiary degree.
- Creative writing experience.
- Ideally experienced in WordPress CMS, In Design, Photoshop, Asana, Yeost SEO (but not essential).
- High achieving – passionately strives to surpass expectations.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial
- Open minded, honest, authentic and deep-thinking.
- Solutions driven – always presents solutions not problems.
- Well presented.
- Highly organised with strong time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to both receive and provide constructive feedback where required, with a goal of continual growth.
- Email your CV, cover letter and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Executive Editor + your name) along with 2 sample articles:
- Write 2 samples articles for The Lane: 1. Fashion category 2. Inspiration category. copy 150 – 200 words. 10 images. Send via PDF attachment, or Dropbox link.
Applications Close Sept 30th, 2021
Start Date TBC
Find our handpicked edit of Men's Fashion, Shoe and Accessory brands from around the world on the Directory.